I'm a huge and longtime fan of Maggie Mason - a.k.a Mighty Girl. Things have gotten especially interesting on her site lately since she is due with her first baby literally any day. A while back she started a series called "Pregnancy Doesn't Suck", random and infrequent posts chronicling the sometimes mundane but kinda cool things about being pregnant.
I'm thinking I should start my own list. Beginning tonight.
I was on my way to Adrienne's for Grammy Night (Go Dixie Chicks!!) and picked up an order from Pizza Hut. I asked the girl behind the counter if she needed the coupon I called in with the order and was met with a response from an older manager-type woman. She promptly informed the cashier that "it's free" and both the girl and I stood there sort of confused. The woman looked at me and then asked me if I knew why it was free.
Me: (total wild guess) Because I'm pregnant!?
Woman: Yep - I always believe that a pregnant woman should want for nothing!
Well how about that.
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm SO putting a pillow underneath my shirt next time i go to pizza hut! okay, i'm not. but that's cool.
Post a Comment