Wednesday, August 08, 2007

You Flatter Me

Upon checking out at the grocery store today, I was carded for the first time in a very long time. It has been such a long time in fact, that I often carry only my Amex credit card (and no I.D.) into the store instead of my ginormously bulging wallet. I shun purses, but lo... my wallet has definitely become a "mom wallet".

So when the cashier carded me, I was simultaneously surprised but panicked. I didn't have my I.D! Surely, I thought, I'll just explain that it is in the car, and thankyouverymuch for humoring me but okay, I KNOW you were just humoring me and we can get on with this after I tell you I have a three year old and a four month old and, hell, I rocked out to General Public and New Order in high school and holy heck - I'm 37 for pete sake!

No dice. She held fast and confiscated my Spaten and pinot noir.

So now I'm smugly basking in the glow of my apparently very youthful appearance. But a nice glass of wine would sure go well with it.

No comments: