Sunday, December 07, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


I took a break from MPM last week; life was upside down. We were post-Thanksgiving chaotic and still had extended family in the house. Then there was that little detail of my new job, which started last Monday. We literally white-knuckled it through the week, meal-wise (fish sticks, anyone?)

Thanksgiving: The brined-turkey-on-the-indirect-grill was fantastic! I'll never do turkey any other way. The brining, aside from lending a nice seasoned flavor, actually made the texture of the turkey itself so tender. I may omit the wood chips next time as the smoke made the turkey look more done than it actually was. The skin was quite... dark!

So - back at it for the week of December 8th. We're a little chicken-heavy this week. Hopefully no one will notice.

Monday - Baked Mac & Cheese, salad

Tuesday - Chicken & biscuits

Wednesday - Crock pot sesame pork chops

Thursday - Chicken stroganoff

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Take in/eat out (craving Chinese!)

Sunday - Chicken burritos, rice

No comments: