
I can't believe it is Monday again already! I have an already busy week filled with doctor appointments, a Thanksgiving fest at the kid's school - made busier by the fact that I'm a single mom this week with Chad traveling. What does that mean for meals this week? Mac-n-cheese and chicken nuggets all around, woo hoo!
Just kidding. Sort of.
First a few notes/reviews from last week. The bean burritos were excellent, with a few tweaks. I found the bean mixture to be really very bland. Could be in part because I forgot the jalapeno, but really it just felt like the entire thing needed oomph. I salted the dickens out of it, then resorted to adding (gasp) taco seasoning mix. Helped immensely. Everyone scarfed them.
The pork chop potato casserole was an enormous hit - like out of the park. I cringed when I read it as it clearly does not look healthy at all, but thought I'd give it a try and cut back/modify with low fat where possible. Would you believe there was nothing left!? Not even a speck to call a leftover. The kids especially loved it. It will definitely make a repeat appearance in this house.
The shepherd pie? Notsomuch. Can't pinpoint it exactly but it just wasn't very good. Again I tried to up the nutrition by using ground turkey and frozen/fresh veggies - so that may be where it all went awry - but this version just did not do it for us.
This week I plan to clean out my freezer a bit in anticipation of the looming holidays. Kind of feels like cheating on the menu-planning front, but I guess that is the point of make-ahead meals: whip them out when you can't/don't want to cook.
Monday - simple quesadillas
Tuesday - Rigatoni and meat sauce (a make-ahead that has been sitting in my freezer - just defrost while at work, add cheese and bake!), garlic bread, salad
Wednesday - Ham/cheese bake (another make-ahead - but sadly cannot find original recipe link!), salad
Thursday - Chuck E. Cheese with the kiddos. Hope I survive.
Friday - leftovers - Chad gets home!
Saturday - Honey chicken skewers, tater tots(!), sugar snap peas
Sunday - Pot Roast, noodles, salad
No comments:
Post a Comment