Monday, October 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



We were once again all over the map with our meal plan last week. I think I have figured out that the portions I'm a cooking leave us with a lot of leftovers. I cannot stand to throw food away, so we've lately been doing more leftovers than usual. It is also all relative: the more I cook, the more leftovers we have. I think I need to scale back my menu planning to allow for two leftover nights instead of one - spaced out throughout the week. We also ended up going out to dinner on Friday, which was a nice treat.

The grilled shrimp from last week was a hit and most everyone loved the grilled goat cheese quesadillas that accompanied them, but the four year old notsomuch. Yay - more goat cheese for momma! We did not do mom's chili but we did make the Red Lobster-esque biscuits, which were very, very, very good.

And so yet again, some carry over from last week on this week's menu. The upside? Not much grocery shopping needed as we already have a lot of staples in the house from prior weeks' menus. Although I do need to make a Halloween candy run...

Monday - leftovers

Tuesday - enchiladas (recipe forthcoming), Spanish rice

Wednesday - date night - anniversary!

Thursday - baked fish, brussels sprouts, rice

Friday - quick chicken strips, broccoli & mac/cheese (to get out the door for trick-or-treating)

Saturday - Voodoo pasta, salad

Sunday - Greek-grilled chicken, herbed lemon orzo, salad

No comments: